1/19/2011

Sample Post!

Release Date: September 29, 2009
Age Group: Young Adult
Received From: Amazon
IBSN: 9781599903057
Blurb:

Micah will freely admit that she’s a compulsive liar, but that may be the one honest thing she’ll ever tell you. Over the years she’s duped her classmates, her teachers, and even her parents, and she’s always managed to stay one step ahead of her lies. That is, until her boyfriend dies under brutal circumstances and her dishonesty begins to catch up with her. But is it possible to tell the truth when lying comes as naturally as breathing? Taking readers deep into the psyche of a young woman who will say just about anything to convince them—and herself—that she’s finally come clean, Liar is a bone-chilling thriller that will have readers see-sawing between truths and lies right up to the end. Honestly.


What can I possibly say about this book to do it justice and not give anything away? I have no idea. I'm going to try, though. I didn't read any reviews or spoilers for this book before hand so all of Micah's secrets were shocking big surprises for me and that was what made the book so awesome. I'm going to keep her secrets too...so don't worry.


Micah is the protagonist in this story. She is also a admitted pathological liar. You never know if what she is telling you is the full truth or even a tiny bit true. When you think you might have things figured out she throws you a curve ball. But I couldn't help but like Micah. She's charismatic and strange. She's even intense to the point of being scary. She's not a main character for everyone. She's describes herself as ugly and looking like a boy. She thinks things that would never be appropriate in polite conversation. I wanted to add that she is a little crazy, but I don't really know if that's true. That's another one of Micah's secrets. I can guarantee that you have never read about a main character like her and you probably never will again.


Liar is a rollar coaster in book form. You never know if the things you are reading are true or if anything in the whole book is true. You will be left with lots of things to think about and from reading other reviews after I finished you might be left unsatisfied, but I wasn't, not at all. This book was like nothing I have ever read before and I enjoyed every second of it. The twists and turns came out of no where and I was just along for the ride.

Justine Larbalestier has created a thrilling work of art with this book. Whatever you do, don't miss out on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment